Click here to register
Click here for all courses
Click here for a course outline
Click here to download a brochure.
What is the aim of the course?
- This course is a 2-day workshop that presents an intensive, practical guide to requirements-based software testing throughout the development lifecycle.
- It reflects the most recent innovations and trends in software testing and incorporates anecdotal examples from experienced testers actively working in the field.
- It aims to illustrate the potential scope of testing, and the control and visibility that testing can (and should) provide during development.
- It stresses the benefits of a structured, documented testing strategy that provides for test involvement from the very beginning of a project.
- It has a strong focus on risk-based testing, and techniques for coping with the quality vs schedule conflict.
- Attendees learn practical methods for dealing with day-to-day testing tasks, through the use of exercises and discussions.
What will participants learn?
- How to plan an efficient testing strategy
- How to manage the testing process
- How to write tests, perform tests and manage test results
- Tips, traps, what works, what doesn’t
- Solutions to their current testing problems.
How is the course material presented?
- The material is presented through the use of lectures, hands-on exercises, and articles on a variety of software testing issues.
- The course notes contain a collection of checklists and worksheets that testers can take away and use on their projects to help them implement the tasks discussed during the course.
Who can benefit from the course?
- Anyone responsible for planning, managing or conducting requirements-based software testing
- This includes software testers and test managers, project managers, developers and development managers
- It is suitable for all experience levels.
About the course
- $1395 per person (GST included)
- 2 day workshop
- Small groups (max 12) for individual attention
- Available as a public course (see the schedule) or as an in-house course on your premises